Kinship Landing Hotel Policies
While our hotel policies are thoughtfully implemented, if there is a safe and responsible way to work together to make your stay that much more comfortable and enjoyable, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We love finding solutions to meet your needs!
Check-in + Check-out
- Check-In: 4:00 PM
- Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- Late Check-Out Hour: 11:00 AM
- Late check-out (after 10:00 AM and before 11:00 AM) may result in a $10 fee.
Room and bed rates are nightly and based on occupancies described in the room types visible when booking. With the exception of shared bunkrooms, all room rates include at least double occupancies (2 adults) and two children under age 2. Bunkroom rates are for one twin bed for one person over the age of 18. Taxes and fees are subject to change, are not displayed in the room rate, and will be applied to the total booking amount at checkout.
Smoking and Alcohol
You must be 21 years of age to drink alcohol on property. Drinking is allowed, drunkenness is not. Consumption of outside alcohol on the property is prohibited. Kinship Landing is a non-smoking property. An additional $500 cleaning fee will automatically be applied to any room that has been smoked in. Public areas where smoking is allowed are nearby. Marijuana is not tolerated on the premises, but we will gladly point you in the right direction. #coloradomountainhigh
Up to two dogs under 80lbs each may be added to your booking for an additional $49/night fee. Check for the pet-friendly icon when booking dog-friendly Jr. Queen rooms and Jr. Queen+Bunk rooms, each located on the pet-friendly second floor. Due to allergies, cats are not allowed on property. If you have other types of pets you wish to bring, contact us before booking. We’ve always wanted to host a flying squirrel. Please request a copy of our pet policy for more info.
Emotional support animals (ESA's) are not covered under the ADA as certified service animals. All guests with ESA's are welcome to stay in one of our pet-friendly second floor Jr. Queen and Jr. Queen + Bunk Suites for a $49/night fee. All pet-friendly rooms are subject to availability.
PARKING AND DROPOFF
The hotel is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles or contents of vehicles parked on site nor in nearby public parking areas. 24-hour parking is available on-site for our guests in private rooms, a $16.00 per night fee will be applied to your reservation upon booking. If you will not be parking on site, you may opt out of this fee when booking a stay or by contacting us directly at 719-203-9309 or email@example.com. Parking spots are assigned on a first come first serve basis. There are street and city garage parking options nearby. On-site parking is limited to one space per room unless occupancies allow otherwise. Our parking lot is located on the east (away from the mountains) side of the hotel. For overnight guests, please drop off, park, and enter the property from the East via the alley that runs North to South of the property by turning off of Costilla or Cimarron into the alley. We typically can accommodate all hotel guests in our parking lot, but additional parking may be found nearby.
Due to the limited number of spots in our private lot we are unable to offer on-site parking for our guests in the bunkrooms. Street parking is available around the building on Nevada Ave and E. Costilla street, these are metered with meters costing $1-1.50 per hour.City parking garages are located at 130 S Nevada Ave, 120 E Kiowa St, and 117 N. Nevada Ave You can learn more about parking at: https://coloradosprings.gov/parking-system-enterprise.
See more events information and check out our events page. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss throwing an epic party at Kinship Landing.
Minors and Children
Reservations by anyone under the age of 18 are not permitted. Minors under age 18 may stay in the hotel with a guardian on property. With the exceptions of shared bunkrooms, children under two are included in booking. The number of children included depends on the room booked. Contact us for more info or if we can help make your stay with children more comfortable.
Shared Bunkroom Policies
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany and stay in the bunkroom with guests under 18 years of age.
- Bunkroom guests under the age of 18 are permitted to stay with an accompanying adult in crew bunks and/or shared bunkrooms reserved exclusively for one party.
- You must be over 4 feet tall and weigh at least 80 pounds to stay in a top bunk.
- No pets are allowed in shared bunkrooms with the exception of service animals.
- Maximum stay in a shared bunkroom is 14 nights, please inquire if you’d like to stay longer.
- Check-in is 4pm, check out is 10am.
- Please honor quiet and low light hours which begin at 10pm and end at 7am.
- Please be aware that housekeeping hours are between 10am and 4pm and housekeepers may be in the room tidying up during that time.
- Bed selection occurs upon booking your stay. If you wish to change your room or bed assignment, please contact us at least one hour before your scheduled check-in time or a fee could be incurred.
- Bunkroom beds are designed for one person and no more than one person may occupy any single bunkroom bed at any time.
- Shared bunkrooms offer one in room locker per person on a first come first serve basis. Please adhere to all of the policies in the below locker policy.
- Smoking and drug use are strictly prohibited in all Kinship rooms.
- Outside visitors are not allowed in shared bunkrooms at any time.
- Preparation of food in bunkrooms by any type of cooking appliance is prohibited, including but not limited to coffee makers, hot plates, toaster ovens, water heaters, rice cookers, combustible, open flame, barbecue grill, burners, heating appliance, or any other item intended for cooking. A microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker are available in the guest community kitchen on the second floor of the hotel.
- Kinship Landing is not responsible in any way for lost, stolen, or damaged items in the bunkrooms, bathrooms, community kitchen, or any other public space.
Lockers are available on the main level as well as in all shared bunkrooms. Main Level lockers, some containing charging ports, are available for up to 6 hours at a time unless otherwise arranged. Please see the front desk for access. Bunkroom lockers with charging ports are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with one locker available per bed.
All lockers are property of Kinship Landing. At no time does the property relinquish its exclusive control of lockers which are assigned to its guests for convenience and temporary use. Guests are responsible for any items placed in the lockers and Kinship Landing will not be responsible for the loss or damage of goods under any conditions. Furthermore, guests are prohibited to store any drugs, alcohol, illegal substances, firearms, explosives, chemicals, food or live animals in lockers. Items that are, in the opinion of Kinship Landing, hazardous or could cause a nuisance to the property, staff, or guests may be refused, destroyed or removed at the user`s expense without the user being entitled to enforce any claim to the items at any time thereafter.
Inspection of the interior of lockers may be conducted by Kinship Landing, for any reason at any time, without notice, without guest consent, and without a search warrant. The personal possessions of guests within a Kinship Landing locker may be searched when reasonable suspicion that the search will uncover evidence of a violation of state or federal law or property policy exists. As soon as practical before the search of a locker, notice of the search will be informed to the guest before lockers will be searched unless disclosure would impede an investigation.
Any material left in a locker after the assignment ceases will be removed and secured by Kinship Landing. These items will be stored at the Front Desk for up to 24 hours, after which all unclaimed items will become property of Kinship Landing.
Deposit and Cancellation
The card used to book your reservation will be authorized $50 upon arrival for potential incidentals to include, but not limited to, food and beverage, on-site parking, optional amenities, smoking fees and damages. If incidentals are incurred, payment will be taken upon your departure.
**All cancellations must be made by contacting us directly by phone or email at 719-203-9309 or email@example.com.**
Except for group contracts, individual reservations which are part of a group contract, reservations booked with a nonrefundable promotion and some other reservation types, a full refund will be honored for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to check in time. Cancellations within 48 hours of check in will be charged one night’s stay plus any associated fees and taxes. Reservations made with a non refundable promotion may be cancelled but may not be refunded. Reservations made as part of a group reservation, room block, using a promo code or group code, and some specials, discounts, and event reservations may be subject to alternate cancellation policies per contract or promotion policy.
Group Reservations may be IPO or routed to a master account:
If Individual Pays Own (IPO): Kinship will send Client a custom booking link for their Group Reservation upon signing of the contract and the client will be charged a 20% deposit. Client is responsible to share the booking link with their guest(s). Guests will then be responsible for booking and purchasing their room directly at the provided link.
If the Group Reservation is routed to a master account, Client agrees to pay a 20% deposit of the total room revenue not including taxes upon signing the contract. Client agrees that the card on file will be charged up to 9 days prior to the event. Should the credit card charge be declined, we will attempt to contact you to resolve the issue. If we are unable to secure the charges within 48 hours of the card being declined, the reservation may be cancelled and deposit may not be refunded.
Individual Room Drops/Cancellation:
Individually dropped/released/cancelled rooms in your group reservation will be charged to the card on file as a percentage of the cost of the room. If your group reservation has dropped below 50% of the originally agreed upon rooms, you will be subject to the full group reservation cancellation policy shown above.
- 0% Due - 180+ days before check-in.
- 20% Due - 90-179 days before check-in.
- 40% Due - 60-89 days before check-in.
- 60% Due - 30-59 days before check-in.
- 100% Due - 0-29 days before check-in.